Posted by: miriamjang | February 12, 2008

Dangerous Lightbulbs

Here is an e-mail I received from one of my amazing parents:

Hello everyone,

Many people don’t know how dangerous the new so called ‘green bulbs’ are. They contain mercury and if they break inside your house you have to call your local Toxic Waste Department for them to come and clean it up.

Mercury causes birth defects in fetuses, developmental delays in children and serious nervous system and immune system damage in adults.

Please do not dispose these bulbs in the trash can as they will eventually break and go into the environment. Instead save them in a box and take them to the Toxic Waste Department for proper disposal and recycling.

Right now the EPA is working hard into getting a program going to address this issue but they haven’t come up with an easier way to dispose the bulbs yet.

I just hope they don’t force us to use only these bulbs as they are planning to do in California, at least until they find a way to protect the public from the massive amounts of mercury that will go in the environment when people start buying these bulbs massively.

Please pass this on to your friends. Here is a link with more information:

http://www.informinc.org/fact_P3fluorescentlamps.php

HOLA A TODOS:

MUCHAGENTE NO SABE QUE LOS NUEVOS BOMBILLOS EFICIENTES SON MUY PELIGROSOS YAQUE CONTIENEN MERCURIO, EL CUAL ES MUY TOXICO. POR FAVOR NO BOTEN LOSBOMBILLOS DE ESPIRAL USADOS EN LA BASURA YA QUE TARDE O TEMPRANO SEQUEBRARAN  Y CONTAMINARAN EL AMBIENTE. SI SE LES QUIEBRA UNO DENTRO DELA CASA, HAY QUE LLAMAR A ALGUIEN QUE SEPA COMO LIMPIAR DESECHOSTOXICOS. EN EL CASO DE C.R. NO SE EXACTAMENTE A QUE AGENCIA DELGOBIERNO SE DEBE LLAMAR, AQUI EN LOS E.U. HAY UN DEPARTAMENTO ESPECIALPARA DERRAMES TOXICOS.

EL MERCURIO CAUSA DEFECTOS EN LOS FETOS YRETRASO EN EL APRENDIZAJE ASI COMO SERIOS TRANSTORNOS DEL SISTEMANERVIOSO E INMUNOLOGICO EN LOS ADULTOS.

LOS BOMBILLOS SE DEBENLLEVAR AL DEPARTAMENTO DE MANEJO DE PRODUCTOS TOXICOS UNA VEZ QUE NOSIRVAN, NO SE DEBEN BOTAR EN EL BASURERO! ADEMAS HAY QUE TENER EXTREMOCUIDADO AL CAMBIARLOS PARA QUE NO SE QUIEBREN DENTRO DE LA CASA!

POR FAVOR PASEN ESTE MENSAJE A TODAS SUS AMISTADES. AQUI HAY UN LINK CON MAS INFORMACION EN INGLES:

http://www.informinc.org/fact_P3fluorescentlamps.php

PARA MAS INFORMACION EN COSTA RICA POR FAVOR CONTACTAR AL MINISTERIO DE SALUD O A LA ENTIDAD ENCARGADA.

GRACIAS!

 This is a medical disclaimer: Please remember that this not meant as medical advice but as a desire to share information. Please always implement treatments under medical supervision. We are cannot be held liable for any of this information.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: